Congratulations to the 2019 ANUAFC Board for yet another outstanding year. 2019 saw ANUAFC contest finals in all 3 grades, the women coming away with their first ever Premiership. 2019 also saw ANUAFC win the AFL Canberra Club Championship award for the 5th consecutive year, a testament to the hard work of our President, Board, volunteers, coaching team and players. ANUAFC finished the year in a healthy financial position, with great player numbers, and ready and excited to take on season 2020!
Thank you to the outgoing Board for your commitment, dedication and good humour. We wish the best of luck to those undertaking new roles in 2020, and a fond farewell to those who have chosen to vacate their positions.
Notably, Caitlin Roy has stepped down as President after a superb 5 years at the helm of ANUAFC. Caitlin’s contribution to the culture, success and ongoing sustainability of the club cannot be overstated. Notable achievements of Caitlin’s leadership include:
- The introduction of the ANUAFC Women’s Leadership Scholarship, the first AFL University scholarship for women in Australia
- ANUAFC’s leadership in player-sharing across the AFL Canberra Community and Regional competitions
- A stronger than ever relationship with our past players and alumni in the leadup to our 60th anniversary in 2021
- 5 years as AFL Canberra Club Championship winners
- Recognition as a level 3 Good Sports accredited club
- Increased club professionalism, player numbers, physio coverage and infrastructure investment to guarantee the future strength of the club
- Leadership, sustainability, Indigenous recognition and mental well-health initiatives
We sincerely thank Caitlin for all she has given to the club over her 5 years as President, and over a decade of combined service as a player and volunteer. Stay tuned for what Caitlin has in store in her many other ongoing roles with AFL Canberra, the club and the broader Canberra community.
Congratulations to the 2020 Board as elected at the AGM:
President – Jenny Church
Vice President – Anna Wilson
Treasurer – Ryan Forsyth
Secretary – James Hancock and Alison Mount
Social Chair – Alex Bell-Rowe
Sponsorship Coordinator – Ine Beerens
Football Manager – Alex Williams
Scholarship Coordinator – Dani DiStefano
Coaching Coordinator – Tom Crowe
Volunteer Coordinator – Brent Richie
Communications and Social Media – Bri Williams